Bushmaster DCM Competition Upper Receiver/Barrel Assembly (PURA2B 20CG8)
Price $650, the retail is over $800, if you can find it, plus you get additional items! Upper has been fired 22 times for break-in purposes only. This is a as new as you can get a upper with all the extras. For the serious High Power Competitor - this Upper Assembly includes the competition modifications needed to win! See our Competition Section for details on this highly accurate 5.56mm/.223 Rem. Competition Upper Receiver/Barrel Assembly - features redesigned "Stay-Straight" dual detent rear sight with Competition Hood. As Bolt is matched to the Barrel Extension for utmost accuracy, this assembly is not sold without its matching Bolt & Carrier, and comes with Sight and Muzzle Cover Set.
The DCM Competition Upper Model combines all the features we've seen as "modifications" by High Power Competitors - to create an upper that can help you win "right out of the box"! Bushmaster has designed a rifle for the serious DCM Competition Shooter. In keeping with DCM (Department of Civilian Marksmanship) High Power Competition Rules, this upper looks like a "stock AR-15" type rifle, but includes all the modifications and upgrades that will give you a competitive edge. All the features built into this superb competition upper result from years of observation and discussions with competitors at the Camp Perry National High Power Matches. To include leather sling.
These special accurizing features include:
• The M16A2 Dual Aperture Rear Sight is specifically modified to accept interchangeable apertures available in four sizes to suit the competitor's vision and preference .036"; .040" (Standard); .046" or .052" diameter. Supplied apertures (.036", and 046"). Also, two hoods supplied; (long and short). Additionally, the sight can be configured for a choice of 1/2" or 1/4" Minute of Adjustment for both Windage Knob and Elevation Drum.
• The Competition Front Sight is specially ground on three sides for optimum clarity, and is (.052"). It is secured within the front sight base by a set screw to avoid the possibility of any movement once the rifle has been "zeroed".
• The 20" Bushmaster Extra Heavy Competition Barrel is a full 1" diameter under the free float tube, and is precision button rifled 1 turn in 8" - right hand twist - 6 lands and grooves. The Barrel material is ChromeMoly Vanadium Steel, and the Firing Chamber is machined to SAAMI specifications. It is lead lapped and hardened to Rockwell C26 to 32. Unlike many other Bushmaster Barrels, this barrel is not Chrome lined.
• In the Upper Receiver, the Bolt is carefully matched to the Barrel Extension Lugs for precise lockup, maximum strength and optimum accuracy.
• The handguard set looks like Government Issue Parts, but is actually a Competition "Free Floater" Tube (handguard tube/barrel nut combination). It does not contact the Barrel forward of the Receiver. A sling swivel is attached to the forward end of the tube to avoid any possibility of deflection or pressure on the barrel that could degrade accuracy.