This is a mint condition Lee-Enfield No.1 Mk. III 303 British. I have owned this Gun for 14 years and have hunted with it 3 of the last 5 seasons. It is my favorite. My new job in Guam will not allow me to bring long guns. So it needs a new home. I can’t tell you much about it except it is very accurate at 125 yards. The gun has clean wood stocks, with no finish. Bore is shiny clean and good rifling. It is and will continue to be a sought after collectors item. It will come with everything shown in the photo.
The Lee-Enfield series of bolt-action rifles and carbines saw extensive service with the armed forces of Great Britain and the nations, colonies, and dominion states of the British Empire/British Commonwealth from 1895, until the rifles were replaced from frontline military service in 1957 by the British version of the FN FAL rifle, the L1A1 Self Loading Rifle.
• Weight: ~4 kg (8.8 lb) depending on wood density
• Length: 1,130 mm (44.5 in)
• Barrel length: 635 mm (25 in)
• Cartridge: .303 Mk VII SAA Ball
• Action: Bolt-action
• Muzzle velocity: 744 m/s (2,441 ft/s)
• Effective range: 550 yards (503 m)
• Maximum range: 2,000 yd (1,829 m)
• Sights: Sliding ramp rear sights, Fixed-post front sights, "Dial" long-range volley sights & Telescopic sights on Sniper models
• Rate of fire: between 15 to 30 rounds/minute
SAFETY NOTICE- Buyer is solely responsible for determining that the firearm purchased is safe to shoot. The firearm offered has been fired has been given a visual inspection. Firearm is sold in "as is" represented condition. Every used firearm should be inspected by a qualified gunsmith before firing. By bidding, the buyer agrees to hold seller harmless against damages, injury, or death caused by buyer's failure to have the firearm properly inspected for safety. Bear in mind this gun is nearly 100 years old…..but it served me quite well…….
There will be a $40.00 shipping fee with this gun. I will spring for the secure pack handling & insurance. I will only ship to the lower 48. (Continental United States)