NOTE: Make sure that this firearm is legal to own in your state and/or locality.
While I carried one of these fine rifles during my military school years, I am by no means a expert, or extremely knowledgeable person, on them. Here are the specifics of this particular rifle as I know them.
1) Import marked (EXEL/Gardner MA)
2) H&R Receiver / SN - 57174**
3) I have disassembled the rifle and all marked parts that I looked at, with the exception of the rear sight, were marked SA (Springfield Armory). The rear sight is marked DRC on the right adjustment knob. The barrel is marked SA 12 44
4) The stock is solid and appears to be original GI. The only crack and/or split is on the top of the forward hand guard. It is 1 1/2 inches long and very tight. The remainder of the stock shows some very minor handling marks with no deep depressions or gouges. There are no cartouches present.
5) The inside of the barrel is bright & shiny with strong lands & grooves. I do not have the instrument(s) to check the muzzle & chamber measurements.
6) The overall gray parkerized finish is very good to excellent with no signs of rust or other corrosion visible.
• Action: Semi-Auto.
• Metal Finish: Parkerized.
• Caliber/Gauge: .30-06.
• Serial Number: 57174**
• Bore: Bright & shiny with strong lands & grooves.
• Grip/Stock: Walnut.
• Extras: None.
• Estimated NRA Modern Condition: Good to Very Good.
• Blemishes: Listed above.
• Parts Missing: None.
• Parts Broken: None.
I accept the three following types of payment.
1) Personal / Business checks with bank contact info including phone number(s). Item shipped when check clears. This can take up to 7 - 10 business days (M-F).
2) Certified Funds with issuer’s contact information including phone number(s).
3) United States Postal Money Orders Only. (Preferred)
Please make payments payable to Foxfire Rod & Gun.
Handguns & Non-Gun Items: USPS Priority Mail. The proper insurance, Delivery Confirmation, and Return Receipt are required. The fees for these items are including in the shipping charge quoted above.
Long Guns: FedEx Ground. Insured for sale price.
NOTE: Foxfire Rod & Gun does not provide for customer pick up. All items must be shipped.
Non-Gun Merchandise: You have a 3 day inspection period beginning at the time your item(s) arrive at your requested shipping address. Modern, Curio / Relic, Antique Firearms: YOU HAVE A 3 DAY INSPECTION PERIOD BEGINNING AT THE TIME THAT YOUR MERCHANDISE ARRIVES EITHER AT YOUR MAILING ADDRESS, OR IN THE CASE OF A MODERN OR CURIO / RELIC FIREARM, AT YOUR FFL DEALER'S MAILING ADDRESS. During this period the firearm is not to be fired or disassembled in any fashion. If you choose to return the item, it MUST be received by Foxfire Rod & Gun in the EXACT and SAME condition as you received it. Unless the item was misrepresented in the ad description, all shipping charges are non-refundable and I will refund the purchase price of the item ONLY.
LARGE MAGAZINE RESTRICTIONS:
New Jersey: 5 round maximum for semi-automatic firearms only.
California: 10 round maximum for all magazines.
Maryland: 20 round maximum for all magazines.
Massachusetts: 10 round maximum all magazines.
Hawaii: 10 round maximum for all handgun magazines.
Please Note: MAKE SURE THAT THIS FIREARM IS LEGAL TO OWN IN YOUR STATE/LOCALITY BEFORE PURCHASING. Payment must be received within 10 days.
I have been a Federal Firearms Licensed dealer engaged in the retail sales of firearms since 1987. Part of this time has been from a storefront and part has been as an exhibitor at gun shows throughout Virginia. I am currently engaged in the buying and selling of vintage fishing equipment as well as modern and collectable firearms. My terms of business are listed in each ad that I place.