NOTE: Make sure that this firearm is legal to own in your state and/or locality.
WE NOW SHIP TO CALIFORNIA !!
Offered for your consideration is one (1), unaltered and unmodified, Model 1898 Krag Jorgensen rifle in .30-40 Krag caliber which was manufactured at the U.S. Government Springfield Armory. I have not seen very many Krag rifles which have not been altered from their original configuration, however, this one is in the best condition of the ones that I have seen which remain in their original and unaltered configuration. I have attempted to describe it below as accurately as possible and feel that the pictures will, as Paul Harvey would have said, “tell the rest of the story”. Additional close up pictures upon request.
• Action: Bolt.
• Metal Finish: Blue.
• Caliber/Gauge: .30-40 Krag.
• Serial Number: 404***
• Bore: Bright & shiny with strong lands & grooves and no signs of frosting or pitting.
• Barrel Length: 30 Inches.
• Grip/Stock: Walnut with no cracks, splits or handling marks of any size or depth.
• Features: Very crisp 1902 dated cartouche on wrist and another cartouche on the underside of the wrist just behind the trigger guard. These can be seen in the pictures.
• Extras: Original brass muzzle cap and front sight protector that is shown in the pictures. Unmarked, in very good condition and what I believe to be a correct period type sling which is not shown in the pictures.
• Estimated NRA Antique Condition: Excellent.
• Blemishes: None that I feel qualify to include in this description. NOTE: The white spots on the right side of the butt stock are actually white paint.
• Parts Missing: Contents of the butt stock compartment .
• Parts Broken: None that I can determine.
I accept the three following types of payment.
1) Personal / Business checks with bank contact info including phone number(s). Item shipped when check clears. This can take up to 7 - 10 business days (M-F).
2) Certified Funds with issuer’s contact information including phone number(s).
3) United States Postal Money Orders Only. (Preferred)
Please make payments payable to Foxfire Rod & Gun.
Handguns & Non-Gun Items: USPS Priority Mail. The proper insurance, Delivery Confirmation, and Return Receipt are required. The fees for these items are including in the shipping charge quoted above.
Long Guns: FedEx Ground. Insured for sale price.
NOTE: Foxfire Rod & Gun does not provide for customer pick up. All items must be shipped.
Non-Gun Merchandise: You have a 3 day inspection period beginning at the time your item(s) arrive at your requested shipping address. Modern, Curio / Relic, Antique Firearms: YOU HAVE A 3 DAY INSPECTION PERIOD BEGINNING AT THE TIME THAT YOUR MERCHANDISE ARRIVES EITHER AT YOUR MAILING ADDRESS, OR IN THE CASE OF A MODERN OR CURIO / RELIC FIREARM, AT YOUR FFL DEALER'S MAILING ADDRESS. During this period the firearm is not to be fired or disassembled in any fashion. If you choose to return the item, it MUST be received by Foxfire Rod & Gun in the EXACT and SAME condition as you received it. Unless the item was misrepresented in the ad description, all shipping charges are non-refundable and I will refund the purchase price of the item ONLY.
Please Note: MAKE SURE THAT THIS FIREARM IS LEGAL TO OWN IN YOUR STATE/LOCALITY BEFORE PURCHASING. Payment must be received within 10 days.
I have been a Federal Firearms Licensed dealer engaged in the retail sales of firearms since 1987. Part of this time has been from a storefront and part has been as an exhibitor at gun shows throughout Virginia. I am currently engaged in the buying and selling of vintage fishing equipment as well as modern and collectable firearms. My terms of business are listed in each ad that I place.