As we reported last week, the Leader 50 A1 semi-auto bullpup sniper rifle chambered .50 BMG was going to be featured at NRA 2016. Well, I went by the St. George Arms booth to see this bad boy in the flesh, and it’s every bit as cool as I had hoped.
After picking it up, I immediately saw its appeal. It’s relatively light, only 18.5 pounds and, with a 24-inch barrel and overall length of 40 inches, highly portable. When I cradled it in my arms for a brief moment, I became amped up. I was ready to kick the tires and light the fires!
Of course, the question is, what’s it like to shoot this thing? Being so light, does it kick like a mule deer on steroids?
Hopefully, we can find out the answer to that question in the very near future and bring you a full-length feature review of the Leader 50 A1. But for now, here are the specs, along with some more cool pics and a short video of Mr. St. George firing his wonderful creation.
• Lightest and most compact semi-automatic .50 BMG rifle in the world.
• Action: Gas-Operated (Short-Stroke Piston), Rotating Bolt (Triangular)
• Weight (empty): 18.5 lb (8.39 kg)
• Barrel Length: 24 in (609 mm)
• Overall Length: 39.5 in (1,003 mm)
• Magazine: 10-round detachable box
• AR-15-style pistol grip and safety lever.
• Left-handed version available.
• Starting at $8,200 (MSRP) + shipping
For more information, make sure you check out the St. George Arms website.