When it comes to custom, high-end 1911s, no one does it better than Ed Brown. What they’ve been able to do over the years with the 1911 platform is nothing short of amazing, basically taking what many consider an already perfect gun and making it more perfect.
The new Concealed Carry Officer (CCO) Lightweight continues that tradition. As the name suggests, it’s a svelte gun that promises to deliver the accuracy and reliability one expects from old slabside but in a package that is optimized for daily carry.
It’s the smallest and lightest Ed Brown to date!
- Caliber: 9mm, 38 Super, 45 ACP
- Barrel Length: 4.25″
- Weight: approximately 29 ounces with an unloaded magazine inserted
- MSRP: $3,585
- 4.25″ Commander slide, single stack compact (Officer’s size) frame.
- Snakeskin treatment on forestrap and mainspring housing.
- Snakeskin rear cocking serrations.
- Fixed black rear sight, red fiber optic front sight.
- Custom options included: Heavy chamfer, recessed slide stop, round butt,
concealed carry grip safety, carry cuts.
- Fully customizable with over 100 options.
- Holster shown by S&S Leatherworks. Order here.
What makes the CCO LW special is the Officer-sized, compact aluminum frame combined with the Commander-sized 4.25-inch slide, which reduces weight but maintains accuracy.
Numerous other features contribute to a snag-free, easy-on-the-hands, comfortable pistol, they include, rounded butt housing, streamline beavertail, single-side safety, flush-cut slide stop, snakeskin treated (in lieu of checkering) frontstrap, mainspring housing and slide, fixed rear sight, red fiber optic front sight and a sleek heavy slide chamfer.
“We are just continuing to do what Ed Brown is known for; building the best custom 1911s you can buy,” said Sales and Marketing Director John May in a press release.
“While recognized most for traditional 1911s, keep in mind that Ed Brown invented some of the most innovative and highly imitated designs, such as the Bobtail Kobra Carry, and Snakeskin, so producing cutting edge 1911’s is in our DNA. Our 50th year is almost here and we are going to remind you all of our history.”
Check out the video below for a quick overview. For more information, make sure you visit the Ed Brown website.
You can also shop for Ed Browns on GunsAmerica.