To learn more, visit http://www.btibrands.com/brands/tipton/.
Last month at a writer’s event (yes I was invited, save the crayon jokes), we got a sneak peek at the new Battenfield Technologies Ultra Gun Vise.
Not often do I get excited about accessories; I have been known to do my gunsmithing on the hood of the Raptor with a Dremel tool and claw hammer. This particular vise caught my attention, though. It really is catchall vise, a do-everything type of tool. Bolt actions, upper receivers, ARs of any caliber, crossbows, and compound bows are all supported with the Ultra Gun Vise. That is pretty remarkable.
As far as it’s construction, the skeleton is steel, with plastic vise parts around it.
- Rigid Steel Frame
- Modular chassis design
- Different modules can be quickly moved, rearranged or removed anywhere along the rail
- Over molded rubber contact pads throughout the device prevent damage to firearm
- Ball and socket articulating clamp pads allow for the pads to adapt to any surface
- Leveling feet on all corners makes scope leveling easier
- Dual Clamp Technology rigidly holds any gun shape in place
- Tube frame structure allows for complete access to your rifle
- Fast-Turn knobs, for quick clamping
- AR Vise Block module included for working on and cleaning AR-15s
- Front and Rear clamps are both height and length adjustable
- Modular system allows you to clamp components like AR Upper assemblies without needing to have them attached to the lowers.
- Works with break action firearms. You can clamp the forward/barrel while leaving the rear to swing open
- Works with Pistols allowing you to mount optics or clean efficiently
- 2 re-arrangeable or removable accessory trays
- Engineered Glass Filled Nylon construction provides a high level of rigidity while preventing damage to your firearm
- Stainless Steel reinforcing plates throughout the design provide reinforcement and rigidity
- Solvent-resistant materials stand up to years of hard use
You can feel the quality of the build when you make adjustments. It’s evident that no corners have been cut when they designed and manufactured the Ultra Gun Vise.
It’s got enough heft to it so that you know it’s not going to slip off the bench, yet, it’s light enough so that you don’t pull out your back when you want to move it to a new area when your workbench gets crowded.
I love the clamps, they’re adjustable and will easily secure your firearm or crossbow or whatever it is you’re working on.
Price and Availability
I can’t wait to try one out for scope leveling. This is absolutely one of the wins from SHOT Show this year, and I will be ordering one of these as soon as we get home. At an MSRP of $179.99, this is going to be very hard to beat. To learn more, definitely check out the website.