While all of us know that our firearms are valuable, not all of us translate that into direct action to ensure their safety. But we should. Sure, you will spend thousands of dollars on a precision rifle, but you don’t want to spend more than a hundred bucks to throw it into a cheap locker? Look, safely securing your firearms is a must. It not only protects your investments, it also protects them from falling into unauthorized hands. Do you want your irreplaceable collection to fall into the hands of a criminal or be destroyed in a fire? Of course not. So go ahead and make your peace with the fact that you need to invest some money into protecting your investments.
But, where should you start? What does steel gauge, fire ratings, etc., all mean? All of these terms can be utterly confusing, and you don’t want to make an unwise purchase. Well, GunsAmerica.com is here to help. Through this painstakingly researched and thoroughly detailed Gun Safe Buying Guide, we will take you through all the steps needed to make the right decision on the proper safe for your needs. We’ll break down gun safe jargon, and explain what’s available on the market today. If you’re looking for a new gun safe or pistol safe, check out these guides first. We’ll make everything crystal clear.
So, sit back, read on and get ready to learn. You might be a seasoned gun enthusiast, but we suspect that there is information in here that you have never considered before. And, we think you might be surprised how much you can get for your money if you choose wisely.
1. Introduction to Gun Safes – The basics of fire ratings, theft ratings and what to look for in a safe’s construction.
2. Electronic/Biometric/Manual Locks – What are the different types of locks, how do they work, and what to consider to keep your lock from failing.
3. Anchoring Your Safe – The ins and outs of where to place you safe in your home, how to secure it, plan for fire and break-in attempts, etc.
4. Fireproofing Your Gun Safe – What to know about a fire and your safe. What do fire ratings mean? When will your contents burn? How hot can your guns get before they are no longer safe?
5. Understanding The Threats – How to know when your safe is under attack if you are not home and dealing with the aftermath of an attack on your safe.
6. Specialty Safes – Special safes for special needs. How to customize your safe to your specific requirements. Safe accessories: Good, bad and useless.
7. Quick-Access Safes – When you need your gun at 2am, which small safes with quick access is right for you? Fast-access technology, and is it reliable?
8. Buying & Selling Used Safes – Should you buy used and what to look for. If you upgrade, should you sell your old safe?
9. Moisture, the Constant Battle – Fighting humidity, and what you should use. Watertight safes: Do you need one?