GunsAmerica on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gunsamerica
The NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits is this weekend in St. Louis. It starts today, April 12th, and goes through the weekend. If you are an NRA member you can go to the show for free. If you aren’t an NRA member, please consider JOINING NRA now. No matter what candidate gets in this year at this point we are going to have a tough 4 years ahead and NRA is the only organization that consistently is watching the ship.
As is our custom, we are doing a big giveaway for the weekend. This is our biggest yet actually. Because of the issues with spam filters and a ridiculous delay on all of our communications by AOL, Yahoo and many cable internet providers, we have to do the announcements for the giveaway through Facebook. As with all of our Facebook giveaways, you don’t have to be a member of Facebook to get the codes. It just makes it easier. The codes will be posted to our public Facebook page throughout the show. The process is the same as the others. We will post a code and you use standard email to send it to NRASHOW2012@gunsamerica.com (not case sensitive) to enter.
Here are the giveaway things this year. And please note that there is a “Like” option on every page of the blog.
Walther P99 & PPQ 9mm
Original Article: Elite Striker Pistols from Walther
This Walther article is one of the more popular posts in the blog. It seems that the word has gotten around that the Walthers are formidable striker pistols with ridiculously tight resets, great triggers, and common sense, reliable function. The P99AS is a decocker gun, very unexpected in a striker pistol, and the PPQ is a traditional striker pistol design with a great ergonomic feel, flawless reliability and great accuracy. We are giving away these actual 9mm guns from the article that Smith & Wesson said we could keep to give away.
Kel-Tec Sub -2000
Original Article: The Kel-Tec Sub 2000
The Sub-2000 is a pistol caliber folding carbine that takes the same mag as your service pistol. The giveaway gun is the exact gun you see in the pictures, a 9mm with a Glock 17 mag. This is a really fun gun to shoot, and as a backpack, kayak, or under the front seat gun, you have a long sight radius and nice reliable function with some real firepower. Thanks to Kel-Tec for the Sub-2000, and yes , we have a KSG on order. Hopefully we’ll see it soon.
Two New Bumpfire Stocks from SlideFire – AR-15 & AK-47
New Article: SlideFire SSAR-15-SBS and SSAK47-XRS
You may remember the original SlideFire article just over a year ago here in GunsAmerica Magazine & Blog, and at the time there was genuine doubt if this product would be legal a year later. Well it has made it so far and the SlideFire has become nothing short of a phenom in the shooting world. This new SBS stock looks a lot more like your adjustable tube stock, and the AK version actually work. SlideFire was nice enough to send us review stocks and two extras to give way for NRA Show this week. Thanks!
Point of Aim, Point of Impact, 1000 Yard Auto-Ranging Riflescope
New Article: Leatherwood ART M-1000 Auto-Ranging Riflescope
Back towards the end of the Vietnam war a man named Jim Leatherwood invented a scope for the M21 sniper system that allowed you to “frame, aim and shoot” out to 1000 yards with no math and no holdover. His son has taken his updated design forward with this revolutionary and slightly ugly and nerdy scope that can be set to any rifle with any ammo, point of aim, point of impact. You have to check this out, and thanks to Hi-Lux/Leatherwood for the giveaway scope!
Terms and Conditions
1. Details – Starting Thursday, April 12, 2012 and ending Sunday, April 15, 2012, GunsAmerica will be posting a code to our public Facebook page. Email this code to email@example.com to enter the giveaway. Random winners will be chosen daily and contacted Monday or Tuesday. The prize list is announced as follows.
- Walther P99AS 9mm
- Walther PPQ 9mm
- Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm with Glock 17 Magazine
- SlideFire SSAR-15 SBS Stock – Right Hand
- SlideFire SSAK47-XRS Stock – Right Hand
- Hi-Lux Leatherwood M-1000 Riflescope
2. This is a Facebook contest, but Facebook membership is not required to win. The GunsAmerica Facebook page is public and the codes may be picked up by monitoring the page throughout the days of the show. All entries are sent via standard email, not by posting on the GunsAmerica Facebook or involve Facebook in any way.
2. There is no purchase required. Anyone who has a free GunsAmerica account may enter.
3. You must reside within the USA and your must be legally allowed to own the prizes. If a non-eligible winner is chosen another will be selected.
4. Non-gun prizes will be sent directly to the winners. Gun prizes will be sent to an FFL dealer in the state of the winner, chosen by the winner. Winner must have the FFL dealer send a signed FFL license before the gun can be sent. Failure to provide an FFL dealer within two weeks of being notified forfeits the prize and a new winner will be selected.
5. All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
6. Winners have 24 hours after notification via email to respond. A new winner will be chosen after this time and the original winner loses the opportunity to win.
7. GunsAmerica and all other companies involved are under no obligation to give away anything or to administrate the giveaway in any way. This is an advertising promotion, not a contractual obligation, and we will do our best to choose and contact the winners in a timely manner, and to deliver the prizes as hoped.
8. By entering the giveaway you give GunsAmerica and all the companies involved permission to contact you via email for any reason as often as we like.
9. You may enter once per code. Entrants will be eliminated and disqualified for entering more than once or for using automation utilities for entering.
10. Winners agree to hold harmless GunsAmerica LLC and all the companies involved, and any and all FFL holders who may receive contest guns.
11. These rules may change or be added to throughout the period of the contest.