I found Multi Holsters almost by accident. I’ve chronicled this before, but it is worth repeating. While reviewing a Colt Mustang, I’d become frustrated by the way the leather holsters fit. I couldn’t find a holster that held the gun tight enough for proper retention, but loose enough for a good draw. So I got on line and started pinging everyone I could. Several trusted sources pointed me to Tony Catner at Multi Holsters.
A week later, I put the Mustang in the holster, and it clicked in perfectly. If you’ve ever played with Legos, you know the fit I’m talking about. Two separate pieces that require no adjustment snap in place with the perfect snap. Lego calls this “clutch power” and it is apt.
Catner continues to make solid holsters. If anything, they’ve gotten better. In the last three years, I’ve had Mutli Holsters make rigs for the guns I carry regularly. I’ve got three GLOCK 19 holsters (IWB, OWB, and one for a Molle belt). I’ve got the GLOCK 42 IWB, and a couple of single action holsters. I’m beyond pleased with the results.
So there you have it. For those of you wondering, I’m not on the payroll. I’m not sponsored. I’m not angling for free holsters. I’ve even bought Multi Holsters that I’ve never used in any reviews. I am a fan, and I use them everyday. And when I get to SHOT Show, I make sure I find Catner and check out the updates. This year, I’m behind the curve. I missed him at the big circus, and have had to do this one virtually. But nothing in this article here that I don’t have in hand, so I’m standing behind the information.
I launched a new line a few months back and it is taking off quite nicely. We call the new line Multi Elite and they are Precision Fitted holsters. The fit, function, definition and look is like no other cottage industry holster maker. Right now we have Elite holsters for about 15 different guns. Primarily IWB or OWB paddle. We also have developed an Elite magazine holder which is incredibly thin and is totally ambidextrous. It can be worn on either the left or right side and with the bullets forwards or backwards. We are constantly adding new models to the line up. I also invented a new OWB clip for the paddle style holster which I named the Multi SpeedEase clip. And the IWB clip I invented is the number one seller of all clips.
The new holsters are made using a Precision Forming Process.
- Higher precision means higher quality.
- Precision Forming allows a consistency and quality that is not possible with hand forming.
- The edges and plastic thickness are a uniform throughout the holster.
- All holsters of the same model have the same final shape, fit and retention. This is important when trying to sell holsters in large volume to gun stores or government agencies.
- The edges are smooth and precise for a better appearance .
- The Precision Forming Process produces holsters at a much faster rate for quick shipping, even in very large quantities .
- The new IWB holsters are .093 inches thick for more precise retention adjustment.
- Precision Forming will allow the creation of new product designs that are not possible with other sheet forming methods.
If you haven’t ever heard of Multi Holsters , you will. And if you haven’t tried one, you should.