The new Fox A Grade side-by-side shotgun is the kind of gun that can get me in trouble. Upon seeing it, I really, really fell in love. I didn’t even ask about the price. Because I knew if I had to ask, then I couldn’t afford it (Yup, boy was I right about that).
There is a lot to love in this package. It really is “Grade A” material. Between the American black walnut stock to the precision cut checkering to the brass bead sights, every little detail… every little thing she does is magic!
That’s what I started singing to myself because it’s not so much a gun but a work of art, really.
Fondling Handling it was amazing. Everything about it felt right. The weight, the balance, the break action, the way it points — everything.
And you know, comparatively speaking, for a double-barrel heirloom quality shotgun, $5,000 isn’t that bad of a price point. See what I did there? I’m already talking myself into buying one at the very real risk of being terminated by my GF.
- Box lock, side-by-side shotgun
- 14 1/2-inch length of pull, 1 1/2 inch drop at comb
- American black walnut stock with oil finish and precision-cut checkering
- Straight buttstock grip and splinter fore-end
- 26- or 28-inch barrels with solid game rib
- Front brass bead sight
- Includes interchangeable improved cylinder, modified and full chokes
- Double triggers and automatic safety
- Bone and charcoal case color- finished receiver
- Polymer carrying case
For you collectors out there, this is definitely one to look out for. While the price point doesn’t change from model to model, you do have some options in terms of gauge and barrel length. That is you can choose between 12 GA and 20 GA and 26 and 28-inch barrels.