At SHOT Show, we got a chance to catch up to our friends over at Blac-Rac. You might have seen a video last year of me attempting to defeat the system they designed for law enforcement. I failed, miserably. I was, however, able to compromise their competitor’s system.
For more on that little experiment, check out this article: Is It Too Easy to Steal an AR from a Police Cruiser?
- Designed for modern tactical weapons: fits most commonly-used duty weapons
- Unique mounting accessories allow easy fitment to any land, sea or air vehicle
- Flexible design accommodates fully-accessorized weapons; no need to remove critical accessories such as optics, laser, flashlight, and a magazine of up to 30 rounds
- Restricts access to take-down pins, trigger group and magazine release
- All-steel powder coated construction for durability and long-lasting performance
- Vibration-dampening padded grip plates prevent movement and marring of weapon
- The Model 1070 Series features powder-coated steel construction. The economical manual operation includes an integral steel hasp to accommodate a user provided lock. An optional factory installed integral lock is also available. The horizontal swing-open operation allows easy, quick access to the weapon.
The Blac-Rac is multiweapon compatible, easy to use, and quick to deploy. With 30,000 units serving law enforcement and military customers around the country, they’ve certainly established themselves as a go-to source for weapon retention systems.
The good news from SHOT is that Blac-Rac now has their sights set on expanding into the civilian market. They are building models not only for cars and trucks but also for UTV and Four Wheeler applications. This is great! You’ll be able to safely travel with your firearms without fear of theft.