Aimpoint is the gold standard for red dot optics, the mark by which all others are judged. Over the years we have seen the growth, or perhaps shrink is a better term, of the Aimpoint line from the legendary Comp 2, down to the micro T1. With several variations of each, there is something for everyone and every gun. So it is always exciting to hear what is next.
- Mountable on MIL-STD 1913 Rail system/Picatinny rail
- Advanced optical lenses with a protective front window
- High, AAA battery compartment
- Compatible with every generation of NVD
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint® 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers
- Excellent light transmission
- Extremely robust housing design, same ruggedness as the CompM4 sights with less weight
- Submersible to a depth of 45 m (150 ft)
- Mount base is keyed into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil
- Weight 238 g (8.4 oz) standard configuration, sight only 148 g (5.2 oz)
- ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery
- 4 NVD settings and 6 daylight settings
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
New for this year, the Aimpoint Comp M5. The client driving the development of the M5 remains a mystery, but it is a safe bet a three letter agency was involved.
The Aimpoint line was already the toughest around, but the M5 takes it to a different level. In place of a CR2032 battery, which has been the micro standard since inception, the M5 runs off an AAA battery. This allows procurement in pretty much every area of operation in the world, from Bogota to Moscow, without a problem. That kind of thing matters when you are trying to keep your footprint low. A secondary front lens increases water submersion from 80 feet to 150, in case you often dive your rifle. The new red dot will also survive water impact at well past 40 knots, a guarantee that does not apply to you. Undoubtedly, 15 knots from 15 feet will get your attention, 40 sounds like a bad idea for the body. But your sight will be just fine.
The footprint of the M5 is the same as the other micro sights, meaning your mounts will work across the family. Out of the box, the M5 comes with a new Aimpoint brand mount, which looks like a winner.
Is it available in Flat Dark Earth? You bet your ass it is.
For more information about Aimpoint, click here.