On the eve of SHOT Show 2018, IWI just dropped a bomb of an announcement! It’s the company’s first ever bullpup shotgun! The Tavor TS12.
This 12 gauge semi-automatic, gas-operated scattergun feeds from one of three rotating magazine tubes, each capable of holding four 3-inch shells or five 2-inch shells for a total capacity of 15+1.
Of course, if it feeds Aguila mini shells, that capacity bumps up to 26 rounds. Talk about an ideal platform to have at the ready when something goes bump in the night.
“The TAVOR TS12 is our first entry into the home defense shotgun market and we held off until we had something unique and desirable that held the same characteristic quality and performance of the entire TAVOR line,” Casey Flack, CEO of IWI US commented.
“The TS12 is it; compact, easy to use and maintain, and with a large magazine capacity, it is ideal for home defense, as well as a sporting shotgun,”Flack added.
TS 12 Specs
- Gauge: 12GA/ 3” chamber
- Weight: 3.6 kg (mag empty) / 8 lbs.
- Barrel Length: 47 cm / 18.5”
- Overall Length: 720 cm (not including choke) / 28.34”
- Height: 260 mm / 10.23” (from pistol grip to top)
- Magazine: Tubular system, 15-rounds total capacity (five 2.75” or four 3”)
- Choke: Internal muzzle threads / Benelli / Beretta Type (one choke included)
- Picatinny Rail: one-piece, full-length 1913 standard top rail
- Safety: cross bolt safety
- MSRP $1,399
The TS12 can be loaded from either side and users can adjust for either right or left side ejection. Other features include IWI’s patented “Bullhead” bolt locking system, internal muzzle threads compatible with Benelli/Beretta choke tubes, a full-length Picatinny top rail, and M-LOK friendly forearm for the requisite bells and whistles.
The TS12 will be initially available in black, but IWI has plans to offer this bully in Olive Drab and Flat Dark Earth. MSRP is $1,399.
We plan on getting to know the TS12 at Industry Day at the Range this coming Monday. Stay tuned. In the meantime, visit IWI US for more information.