Winchester Ammunition has just released a game changer in the straight walled cartridge marketplace, the 350 Legend. Claiming to be the fastest straight-walled centerfire cartridge in the world, the Legend is offered in six different options.
“The 350 Legend is a high-performing, straight-walled cartridge that dominates in velocity, energy, recoil and affordability, all of which are vital to our customers,” said Matt Campbell, vice president of sales and marketing for Winchester Ammunition.
“Winchester innovation began decades ago and it’s paramount that we continue to deliver meaningful, technology-driven products that have a tremendous impact on the hunting and shooting sports industry,” added Campbell.
Some notable features of the Legend Cartridge include:
- More energy than the 30-30 Winchester, .300 Blackout and the .223 Remington.
- Approximately 20% less recoil than the .243 Winchester with 20% more penetration.
- Less recoil than the 450 Bushmaster.
- Winchester advertises the effective deer hunting range up to 250 yards all while delivering more energy than the 5.56mm, .300 Blackout and the 30-30 Winchester.
It utilizes a modified straight walled .223 Remington shell casing and a .357 diameter bullet. The cartridge is also compliant in states that allow straight-walled cartridges for deer hunting.
Despite the significant ballistic improvements, the Legend has a very manageable recoil and allows the shooter to get back on target quickly, allowing for follow-up shots on big game or thinning out the local rabbit population.
Click here for more information.
2019 350 Legend Ammunition Offerings:
- Symbol Sub Brand Bullet Description
- X350DS Deer Season XP® 150 grain Extreme Point
- X3501 Super X® 180 grain Power-Point
- X3501H Hog Special 180 grain Power-Point
- USA3501 USA White Box 145 grain FMJ Flat Nose
- X3501BP Power Max Bonded® 160 grain Bonded JHP
- SUP350 Super Suppressed™ 265 grain Open Tip