Joe Biden has picked Kamala Harris as his 2020 running mate.
Actually, it’s probably more accurate to say that Biden’s DNC handlers gave the California senator the nod because Sleepy Joe is most likely off eating pudding and playing checkers while watching reruns of “Columbo.”
All joking aside, now that she could potentially be the next vice president — heck, maybe even the next POTUS! — let’s take a look at her views on guns.
Before she was beat out by Mr. Biden and was actively pursuing the Democratic nomination, she published on her website, KamalaHarris.org, five key policy measures that she would implement via “executive action” if “Congress fails to send comprehensive gun safety legislation” to the president’s desk within the first 100 days of the new regime.
- Mandate near-universal background checks by requiring anyone who sells five or more guns a year to conduct background checks on all gun sales.
- Revoke the licenses of gun manufacturers who break the law (including negligence laws and unfair trade practices) and take them to court if need be.
- Reverse Trump’s dangerous change to prohibited persons guidelines which has allowed thousands of fugitives with outstanding arrest warrants to buy guns.
- Close the “boyfriend loophole” to prevent dating partners convicted of domestic violence from purchasing guns.
- Ban AR-15-style assault weapons from being imported into the United States.
As a caveat, she also promised to reinstitute the Clinton-era “assault weapons” ban, prohibit “high capacity magazines” and open up gun dealers and manufacturers to frivolous lawsuits by rescinding the PLCCA.
SEE ALSO: Kamala Harris Wants Congressmen in a ‘Locked Room’ with ‘Autopsy Photographs’ of Children Killed in Sandy Hook
Given all this, it’s rather obvious why the Bloomberg-funded Everytown for Gun Safety was overjoyed when Biden put Harris on the ticket.
“Vice President Biden and Senator Harris will be the strongest gun safety ticket in American history, which speaks volumes about how quickly the political calculus has shifted away from the gun lobby and toward common-sense gun laws,” said John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety in a press release obtained by GunsAmerica.
Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action, a grassroots arm of Everytown, echoed the cheer.
“Vice President Biden and Senator Harris are poised to make history this November,” said Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action. “There is no doubt this will be the strongest gun safety ticket ever, and when we elect Vice President Biden as president and Senator Harris as his vice president, Americans will be safer.”
Make no mistake about it — they are coming for our guns. Saying that is not fear porn. It’s fact! And it is written plain as day for all to see.