- The VX- Freedom line is replacing both the VX-1 and VX-2 line of scopes.
- Leupold has figured out how to streamline the manufacturing process and you are essentially getting VX-2 quality at a VX-1 price.
- All of the scopes in the new VX-Freedom line are under $400.
- All of the VX-Freedom scopes are made in Oregon, USA.
- The rimfire and air rifle models are bi-directional recoil tested.
- The recoil rating on the VX-Freedom scopes surpasses the recoil signature of a non-braked .458 Lott rifle weighing less than 8lbs.
- Turrets are tighter and more positive.
- All of the scopes feature Leupold’s proprietary Twilight Light Management System which has the effect of enhancing red’s and blues, thus increasing low light capabilities.
- All of the Freedom scopes use one-inch scope rings.
- The options in the Freedom lineup are extensive. A few notables are a Scout scope, an Extended Focus Range scope (ideal for airguns and rimfires), a scope featuring an AR Ballistic reticle, a CDS option, a .450 Bushmaster scope, and that’s just to name a few.
Visit Leupold to find out more about the VX-Freedom line of scopes by clicking here.
Also new from Leupold is a scope that is specifically designed for NRA Highpower competition and CMP service rifle. It’s called the Service Rifle Optic and it’s a 1-4.5 power scope deliberately created to meet the rule requirements of NRA Highpower. It has the same specifications as a VX-5HD. It features a 30mm tube. Both illuminated and non-illuminated models are available.
“When the High Power Service Rifle competitions announced that they’d be allowing the use of riflescopes – with a 4.5 magnification maximum – consumers immediately turned to us for a solution,” said Vici Peters, product line manager for Leupold & Stevens, Inc. “The VX-4.5HD delivers everything a Service Rifle competitor could want out of their optic, and is available with reticles that have been built to drive winning scores.”
Those reticles are the Bull-Ring Post and the FireDot Bull-Ring, which is illuminated. Both have been designed to serve the needs of Service Rifle shooters – at 4.5 power, the Bull-Ring will nearly be identical in size to the target’s bullseye. As the magnification is turned down, the white ring around the bullseye can be adjusted to help perfectly center your aim. The illumination setting on the FireDot Bull-Ring features MST (Motion Sensor Technology) that automatically deactivates the illumination after five minutes of inactivity, and reactivates it instantly as soon as movement is detected.
The VX-4.5HD is designed to outperform and outlast the competition – in more ways than one. Its Guard-Ion rain shedding coating is scratch resistant and is meant to ensure that water, dirt, and fingerprints don’t ruin your score. It also features Leupold’s proprietary Twilight Max HD Light Management System, which combines exceptional light transmission and glare management to provide vivid, bright, high-contrast images that will deliver relentless optical performance in low-light conditions. It also eliminates the washed-out image that can come from direct sunlight. The feature-packed VX-4.5HD is designed, machined, and assembled in the United States and backed by Leupold’s Full Lifetime Guarantee.