The Ultimax 100 MK8 is the new brain baby of ST Engineering, and it is pretty awesome! ST Engineering is based out of Singapore, but they came down to SHOT 2020 to show us their new offering.
STE bills the Ultimax as the “world’s lightest machine gun that can be fired from a drum and reloaded on the move.” They may be right about that because the weapon is extraordinarily lightweight, coming in at only 11 pounds.
One would think that it would have some snap to it because it’s so svelte. However, STE’s “constant recoil system” makes it a real joy to shoot. In fact, they told us at Range Day that it’s recoil is so light that one could shoot it resting the stock on the bridge of one’s nose. True didn’t have the nerve to try that, tho, lol.
The Ultimax 100 MK8 fires from a non-reciprocating, open bolt and puts 5.56x45mm NATO downrange at a rate of 400-600 rounds per minute.
This LMG does not accept ordinary AR-style magazines. Instead, it uses M16-type and SAR21-type box magazines as well as 100 round C-MAG and Ultimax 100 drum magazines. When you buy an Ultimax 100 MK8, it comes with a cleaning kit, sling, 100-round drum magazine and foregrip with an integrated bipod.
Sadly, the Ultimax 100 MK8 is not imported yet, but they’re hoping to change that in the very near future.
- Low weight of 5kg for the basic system
- Constant recoil system with low felt recoil for accurate automatic fire
- Modular design with quick-change barrel
- Removable Lower Receiver with single shot and full automatic modes of fire
- Open Bolt System with no cook-off constraint
- Unique trigger safety mechanism that allows charging in safe mode
- Retractable stock with height adjustments and can be removed for firing
- Compatible with M16-type and SAR21-type box magazines, 100 rounds C-MAG and Ultimax 100 drum magazine
- 5.56x45mm NATO
- 33.7″ long with a 35.7″ extended version
- 11 pounds
- 800 Meter effective range
- 1:7 twist
- 18″ barrel
- 400-600 RPM
- Safe, Semi, Auto
- Gas operated, open bolt
See more products by visiting the ST Engineering website!