With the popularity of long range shooting at an all-time high, Browning has introduced their take on a rifle that extends a shooter’s effective range. The new X-Bolt Max Long Range comes with a 26-inch heavy fluted sporter-profile stainless steel barrel with a 7.5 twist rate. It’s also threaded for muzzle devices.
The Composite Max stock features an adjustable comb for easy eye-to-scope alignment. It comes with three swivel studs for a sling and a bipod. The magazine is detachable and capable of holding four rounds of 6.5 Precision Rifle Cartridge or 30 Nosler or .300 Remington Ultra Magnum, depending on your preference.
The Max Long Range was a joy to shoot, the trigger was light and crisp, and it cycled easily due to the extended bolt handle. At 8 pounds, 3 ounces without scope or ammo, it isn’t too heavy. The stainless steel barrel matched with the black and grey splatter on the stock gives it a sharp-looking appearance as well. The MSRP comes in at $1,269 and it will be available to ship late this winter.
- Composite Max stock offers an adjustable comb to dial in eye-to-scope alignment
- Black and gray textured stock finish
- Stainless steel, fluted heavy sporter barrel for long-range accuracy
- Muzzle brake with 5/8-24 threads (thread protector included)
- Extended bolt handle
- .25- and .6-inch length of pull spacers included
For more information, visit Browning.com.