The lamestream media told you:
Do you support background checks? It’s the biggest gun question of the day. Mass media insists virtually everyone does. How could any rational person not support background checks?
The Uninvited Ombudsman notes however that:
1. After two decades of background checks, inner city gangs are all thoroughly armed. The checks have failed. Plus, we have 6,000 gangland rubouts every year, maybe you’ve noticed. And there are no 6,000 murder trials for the 6,000 murderers. Is that what everyone supports?
2. The Muslim jihad is pretty much unaffected by the background checks. The jihad mass murder in the Florida gay nightclub, the “workplace violence” (Obama’s term for the jihad), no effect from the background checks. Is that what everyone supports?
3. The psychotic children who want to mass murder their classmates, they aren’t even addressed by background checks, and we all want to fix that problem. Why are we even talking about background checks when murderous classmates are what we want to fix? Isn’t the mass media missing something there? Shouldn’t someone ask them about that?
4. The background check collects the names of 10 to 12 million innocent Americans who purchase firearms every year, who didn’t do anything. What does that have to do with stopping mass murderers, or any crime? Is that a good use of scarce resources? Does that have a sinister ulterior motive like its critics claim — a list of gun owners kept by big government? Can we audit that system? (Nope, Big Brother tells us, “Just trust us, we’re honest”.)
5. And of course the biggest problem. Murderers, rapists, parolees, escapees, fugitives, kidnappers, arsonists, thieves, even illegal aliens and DACA students who walk into gun stores, cash in hand, seeking to buy guns — which is at least five years in the federal slammer. They fill out forms with their names and addresses, and with the FBI on the phone, while they’re standing there, get turned down. What happens next? They get sent away, with their money. Still eager to buy guns.
Is that what everyone supports?
Is that what the mass media makes clear when they conduct their polls?
The background check plan is a scam.
The only thing the background check does effectively is collect the names of innocent Americans who buy constitutionally protected products, that create a balance of power between the public and the government.