MK Machining is the manufacturer of a one of a kind Remington 700 short action bullpup chassis that you may not have known you needed until now. The current model is the second version (MK2 Bullpup) of this idea and they have made huge improvements in aesthetics and functionality.
Before moving on too far, it is imperative to address a question that many have. “What is a Bullpup?” Here is a simple definition: A bullpup is a firearm design where the action is pushed back behind the trigger mechanism, allowing it to become shorter and keep the same barrel length.
One of the reasons that the MK2 Bullpup Chassis really stands out to me is due to the focus on its design which reduces weight and increases functionality. The MK2 Bullpup Chassis is streamlined down to be as light as possible while still providing all of the structural support necessary as well as maintaining the ability to add on accessories such as clip-on nightvision, bipods and other items. The bullpup chassis looks strange compared to the conventional rifle but its ergonomics would surprise anybody. The butt plate and cheek piece have adjustments that enable the the rifle to be tailor fit for any number of shooters.
Now for the elephant in the room: trigger quality. Bullpups are known for having less than great trigger pulls due to inherent design limitations, however, this is not a problem with the MK2 Bullpup. MK Machining has worked with Timney in order to get their own custom Calvin Elite trigger. this trigger coupled with MK Machining’s linkage system yields a zero creep, crisp trigger pull that is able to be adjusted from 6 ounces to 1.5 pounds. Yes, 6 OUNCES! I have not seen anybody yet that was unhappy with the MK1 or MK2 trigger for this reason.
Stay tuned on GunsAmerica Digest for a full review of the MK2 Bullpup Chassis in the future.
Specifications and Features:
- production units will be hard coat anodized
- Limbsaver pad comes standard
- tool free LOP adjustment
- integrated flush cup attachment points
- bag rider with M-LOK slots and 10-32 tapped holes for attachments
- stock bolt release still functions
- takes AICS pattern mags
- uses any flat top AR grip
- ambidextrous M1 style trigger guard safety
- operates the actual safety mechanism on the internal trigger mechanism
- 20 MOA Picatinny rail
- custom Timney Calvin Elite Trigger
- adjustable 6 – 24 ounce trigger pull
- left and right handed action compatible
- multi-adjustable cheek piece
- Integrated barricade stop
- forend features Arca rail, M-LOK and 10-32 tapped holes for attachments
- weighs just over 4 pounds
- $2000 MSRP
- Ships in the fall