The original rifle designed by Armalite to replace the M1 Garand was the AR-10, and it was chambered in .308 Winchester (/ 7.62×51mm NATO). Springfield has gone back to those roots with the latest iteration of the SAINT Victor rifle.
The SAINT Victor in .308 weighs just 7.8 lbs and incorporates all the favorite features Springfield has piled into the SAINT Victor lineup. The terrific full-length low-profile free-floating handguard has M-LOK slots up and down the length of it. Spring-loaded flip-up front and rear sights come standard as does the ported SA muzzle device.
The 16-inch 1:10 twist barrel is coated with a long-wearing CVM Melonite (a kind of nitrite finish) on both the inside and outside. The bolt is also Melonite coated. It’s got a Bravo Company grip and six-position stock. The nickel-boron coated single-stage flat trigger provides smooth operation for consistency and accuracy every time you shoot.
I’ve shot the .556 version and found it easy to manipulate, comfortable to control, and fun to shoot. This .308 SAINT Victor promises to offer the same experience with the great power of the .308 and an MSRP set at $1,399.
For more info, make sure to visit Springfield-Armory.com.
- Caliber: .308 WIN
- Barrel: 16″ CMV Melonite finish, 1:10 twist
- Sights: Spring-loaded flip-up, rear has two apertures
- Trigger: Sing stage, flat, nickel boron coated
- Lower receiver: 7075 T6 aluminum, forged, hard anodized, Accu-Tite Tension System
- Upper receiver: 7075 T6 aluminum, forged, hard anodized
- Receiver extension: Mil-spec carbine,7075 T6 aluminum, forged, hard anodized
- Gas system: Direct impingement mid-length, pinned gas block
- Bolt carrier: MPT, 9310 steel bolt with Melonite finish
- Charging handle: GI style
- Safety: 90-degree single sided
- Grip: Bravo Company Mod.3
- Stock: Bravo Company six-position
- Magazine: One 20-round Magpul gen M3
- Brake: SA muzzle brake
- Handguard: 15″ aluminum, free-float M-LOK with SA locking tabs
- Buffer assembly: Carbine “H” heavy tungsten buffer
- Extended length: 37.75″
- Collapsed length: 34.5″
- Weight: 7lbs 11oz
- MSRP: $1,399