Sometimes success in the firearms business is just simple arithmetic. Take, for example, the Century Arms C39v2 AK pistol, add to it a Shockwave Blade, and you have what is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
That may be the impetus behind Century Arms new C39v2 Blade Pistol. The company took one of its best-selling platforms and ameliorated its shoot-ability with the addition of a stabilizing brace.
(Which means users will get all the novelty of an AK-pattern SBR with none of the NFA hassle. Caution! Read this before you contemplate “shouldering” the brace…)
As Jason Karvois, Century’s Director of Sales, said in the press release, “The addition of the Shockwave Blade offers a very handy and accurate pistol with the reliability and durability you would expect from an AK.”
- Barrel 1:10 twist, concentric LH 14×1 metric thread and ready for a variety of muzzle attachments
- Chrome moly 4150 nitride treated barrel
- Milled 4140 ordnance quality steel receiver
- 1st AK side scope rail mount to offer a return to zero capability, also offers four times clamping improvement over traditional side scope rail mounts and improves sight acquisition for follow-up shots
- RAK-1 Enhanced Trigger Group
- Larger T shaped magazine catch
- Compatibility with AKM furniture
- Standard AKM sights
- Retaining plate
- Bolt hold-open notch on the safety selector
- Front sight gas block and bird cage style flash hider
- Bolt carrier tail heat treated to ensure maximum performance and life
- Ambidextrous QD attachment points for attaching a tactical sling
- MOE AK pistol grip and MOE AK handguard
The C39v2 Blade Pistol is 100 percent American made. The brace is attached directly to the rear of the receiver using a proprietary buffer tube mounting adapter. Century said it will make this adapter available as a separate accessory in the coming months.
“Compatible with the Century Arms AK Micro Dot Side Mount for rugged mounting of optics, the C39v2 Blade Pistol features a 4150 nitride-treated barrel and milled receiver, RAK-1 Enhanced Trigger Group, and quick-detach attachment points for easy mounting of a tactical sling,” said Century.
The C39v2 Blade Pistol is now shipping to distributors and dealers everywhere. In addition to the Shockwave Blade, the package comes with one 30-round magazine. Though it will accept all standard AK mags. For more information, make sure to visit CenturyArms.com.
As for the price? MSRP is $949.99. I’ve already seen a few pop up on GunsAmerica, listed for around $900. Happy Hunting!