Behold! A true champion! The Ruger GP 100 Match Champion chambered in big-boy 10mm.
Got a chance to inspect this new wheel gun at NRAAM. It’s nice. Very, very nice. I’ve never bought a gun without shooting it first. But this lovely specimen might be the exception.
What did I love about it? Pretty much everything, from the ergos and texture of the Hogue hardwood grips to the bright fiber optic front sights to the stainless steel finish. Oh, and did I mention it’s chambered in 10mm?
The trigger is awesome too! Consistent and smooth all the way through in double action.
The GP 100 is a big revolver with a six-round capacity. The barrel is a little over 4 inches, it weighs 37 ounces and has an overall length of 9.5 inches. Whether it’s competition or home defense or hunting, this Match Champion has you covered.
MSRP for the GP 100 is $969.00. Given that that’s the same price for the .357 version, one can assume that it should be in the ballpark of $700-800 on GunsAmerica.
- Grips: Hogue Stippled Hardwood
- Front Sight: Fiber Optic
- Barrel Length: 4.20″
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Capacity: 6
- Rear Sight: Adjustable
- Twist: 1:16″ RH
- Finish: Satin Stainless
- Overall Length: 9.50″
- Weight: 37 oz.
- Grooves: 6
- CA Approved: No
- MA Approved & Certified: No
- Suggested Retail: $969.00
- Triple-locking contoured cylinder is locked into the frame at the front, rear and bottom for more positive alignment and dependable operation shot after shot and enables easy re-holstering. The ejector and chamber mouths have a light chamfer to aid loading.
- Patented grip frame design easily accommodates a wide variety of custom grips.
- Takedown of integrated subassemblies requires no special tools and allows for easy maintenance and assembly.
- Patented transfer bar mechanism provides an unparalleled measure of security against accidental discharge.
- A custom Hogue hardwood grip with stippled sides permits an ideal grip for competition shooting.
- The half-lug 4.2″ barrel delivers lively handling for quick transition between targets and also features an 11° target crown for competitive-level accuracy.
- Polished and optimized internals, a centering boss on the trigger, and centering shims on the hammer produce a smooth double-action trigger pull and a crisp and consistent let-off.
- Ships with three (3) full moon clips that act as both a speed loader for the 10mm rounds and aid in the ejection of the spent cartridges