10. Most of the major shooting matches around the country have been canceled. This is one of the longest-running (7th year) and biggest shooting competitions left in the west and runs June 12-14, 2020. It’s all outside, is COVID-19 safe, and it’s happening.
9. You get to go to Idaho, one of the most beautiful and best states in the nation and shoot at the famous Parma Rod & Gun Club Range.
Natural terrain stage at the 2019 High Desert 3 Gun Championship
8. It’s real 3 gun where you shoot all three of your guns (Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun) on every one of the 10 stages.
7. There are long-range bonus targets out to 1000 yards and you can shoot an optional fourth long-range rifle of your choice at them.
6. Travel right now is cheap. Gas prices, hotels, and flights are at record lows. If you’re a camper, the range has camping available for $10 per night. The range is just one hour from Boise, Idaho. You can camp and when you are not shooting you can ride your favorite type of motorsport directly from the range onto BLM land.
5. You get to test your guns, gear, and skills against some of the best shooters in the nation. Don’t let that worry you though, there will be plenty of beginners and amateurs and it’s fun to see how you stack up. There will be Range Safety Officers running every stage and the scoring is completely transparent. You get to see everyone’s times and scores.
Full auto stage gun from Aero Precision starts off this stage at the 2019 High Desert 3 Gun Championship.
4. There are shooting divisions for whatever type of guns you want to shoot and 250 shooters to make friends with, socialize with, talk shooting, reloading, hunting, and freedom. Speaking of comradery, the match provides lunch for participants each day at no extra cost.
3. It’s an opportunity to get out of the house and do something you’ll remember the rest of your life.
2. It’s fun! Really fun! You’ll be shooting in bays, shoot houses, towers, natural terrain, and using cool props. The average shooter will spend four minutes shooting each stage and will shoot about 300 rounds of rifle, 300 rounds of pistol, 200 rounds of birdshot, 40 slugs, and 30 rounds of long-range.
Shooting from a vehicle at a past High Desert 3 Gun Championship
1. There’s $50,000 worth of prizes up for the taking. Gun companies from around the country are generously sponsoring the match and have provided over $50,000 worth of guns and product, enough prizes that every single one of the 250 shooters at the match will get prizes (guns & product) and trophies at the end of the match.
There’s still room. If you’d like to sign up to shoot the match, use this link.
The following companies have donated products for the prize table:
- Aero Precision (title sponsor)
- ODIN Works
- Rainier Arms
- Shooting Innovations
- Timney Triggers
- Black Rifle Coffee
- F1 Firearms
- Amend 2 mags
- Crimson Trace
- Liberty Lubricants
If you’d like to sponsor the match please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ll be representing GunsAmerica, in my capacity as the Editor, and shooting the match using a conglomeration of products from the companies sponsoring the match. We’ll have some follow up articles about prepping for the match and getting gear zeroed and put together as well as an aftermatch report with video. Come meet me, shoot the match, see how you stack up, and win some great product from the companies that are giving back to real shooters.
As a last note, remember the companies that are supporting activities like this one next time you buy product.